Some introductory thoughts
Dear friends, you are holding in your hands the latest issue of Positive Research—the annual journal on practical cybersecurity. In 2022 Positive Technologies celebrates its 20th anniversary. Since 2013, Positive Research has featured the work of the brilliant Positive Technologies’ team, keeping an in-depth chronicle of the company’s research. During the last 9 years, we have published about 300 articles by over 120 authors, producing more than 1,200 pages. In our anniversary year, we have gathered the best of the recent research and asked people closely related to Positive Technologies to share their thoughts about the company and the journal.
- Cybersecurity in a new reality (page 8).
- Flashback to 2021: hacks and leaks that made headlines (page 10).
- Cybersecurity in 2021–2022: trends and forecasts (page 14).
- Most interesting vulnerabilities of 2021 (page 50).
- Business involvement in information security (page 52).
- How the world embraced resultsoriented cybersecurity (page 56).
- Cyberthreat evolution (2017–2021) (page 74).
- Six steps to results-oriented security (page 76).
- Business in the crosshairs: analyzing attack scenarios (page 78).
- Vulnerability management: user guide (page 94).
- Who's afraid of a cyberstorm? How to ensure business protection from unacceptable events (page 106).
- From The Standoff participants to the judges: how Innostage Group coped with the role of a global SOC (page 118).
- About our authors (page 126).